Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Elle Update: 4/9 Day 10

Hey guys!  Stiiiill here at LeBonheur but the wheels are in actual motion and the plan is to go home tomorrow for real barring any craziness.  Please pray for a boring night!  :)

Elle had to go back on oxygen last night again but since it was a low amount and because we have all the equipment and home health team in place, they are fine with her going home if we are okay with it.  (We are okay with it.)

And we really are ready to go home but there is a bit of anxiety that comes with it too of course.  Please pray that all goes smoothly but if something is off, we will be able to recognize the problem.  

So one of the biggies is her CO2 level.  It was ridiculously high - scary, life-threateningly high - the night we were admitted.  And it is still a little elevated.  This means that her lungs are not ventilating quite well enough - not that she can't oxygenate well enough.  (This may be too much information, but hang with me!) Bottomline, she will probably need a bit of oxygen overnight for awhile because that's when her body is the most relaxed...and that's when her CO2 level can rise as her lungs aren't quite 100% healed yet.

She still gets fatigued quickly doing anything, including eating.  While she is doing very well and can return to her original full diet, she isn't quite back to what she was able to do before, so we have to be slow and careful with her eating.  

We stopped one of her seizure drugs because it was causing another drug level to dangerously rise.  Her seizures were not great for a couple of days; she's not had too many today until this last hour and I've seen a lot of long ones.  And we may see some rebound from all the med changes in the following weeks.  Also, I think she's having some withdrawal symptoms from one of the meds which includes restlessness and trouble falling asleep.  Not sure when that will level out.

Her tummy is still very messed up from her antibiotic but she just has to take it through Saturday and then hopefully her poor bowels will return to normal.

So those are the specific things to pray for for her as we head home.  And please pray that it will be an easy transition home, that there won't be any hiccups with the home equipment and that we can quickly find our way to a new norm including frequent and extensive breathing treatments.  I'm not sure yet when Elle will be able to go back to school - please pray that she can get back in her routine quickly though.  

I think there are going to be a number of things that are going to look different moving forward with Elle, not the least of it, her lack of vision.  And it could take 4-6 weeks for her lungs to fully recover to 100%.  It's a thing we have to laugh about in the Batten community so you don't cry...juuuust when you finally get used to a new normal, the child changes again and you are thrown back into chaos and confusion, scrambling to figure it all out.  Only time will tell what significant changes we will be dealing with long-term.  But whatever that new normal is, we rejoice in God's goodness through all of it...the good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly.  He is the constant in our lives...His goodness never changes, never fades.

PS - Did I tell y'all she lost a tooth last week??  (It had been super loose so they pulled it while she was here.) I'm including a super cute picture of her new smile.  :)

Love you guys!
Dana


6 comments:


  1. Hello everyone i am happy to say that i was cure from HIV/AIDS by Dr Padman with his herbal medications after i tested positive july 2016 and ever since then i have been on medications to extend my living on earth. One faithful day i was searching on line if i could get some tips on how to cure my illness and i saw a comment on how Dr Padman cure HIV with herbs,i was surprise and i contact him on the email they provided on the comment and i explain my problem to him and he also prepare the herbs and send to me which i use for one week as i was instructed by him and after 2weeks i went to hospital for checkup and i tested Negative and i am fully cured from the disease and i am so greatful to Dr Padman.You can also reach Dr Padman on his padmanlovespell@yahoo.com , https://twitter.com/padman_dr. https://padmanspell.com WhatsApp +19492293867 https://padmanspell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been married with my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542
    For more destails about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been married with my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542
    For more destails about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to anyone reading this true life story of mine, my husband left me to suffer alone because he found that i had herpes, and i know i was wrong because i kept it from him and never told him about my virus, He found out anyways and left home angrily and blocked all means i could reach him with, i felt horrible because he don't deserve that because i had been with him for 4 years and he is a very honest man, after one month of no response from Jerry i got depressed and started searching for solution,One faithful morning a came across a website where ladies has gotten the best of marriages with a doctor call Dr. Kham , he is an expert when it comes to curing you and casting a very powerful love spell to keep relationship/marriage in good and happy shape,  I can tell Y'ALL that Dr. Kham cured me from herpes virus in three weeks of his medication , after that he made a love spell for my husband to come back home after 48 hours of his spell and same Dr. Kham also cured my husband exactly with the procedure he used to cure me, am a happy woman and i will never forget to share Dr. Kham good reviews because he is 100^% reliable contact him now via  Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com Phone/WhatsApp: +2348159922297 or you can visit his website: https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba     for more information 

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete