Thursday, April 4, 2019

Elle Update: 4/4 Day 5

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom today!!!  She is a rockstar in about 4.5 million ways and we love her and appreciate her so much!!

Second of all, I think most of you know that Elsa and Frozen are her favorites - well, today, she has a nurse named Elsa!!  How cute is that?!

So all in all, we had a good day. But I'll go ahead and fill you in on the not-so-great.

We found out this morning that Elle has RSV.  RSV is a virus that typically happens with babies and can cause respiratory distress.  But with all things, in a medically fragile kid, common viruses can become more serious.  This actually was kind of 'good' news or I should say helpful news because the doctors had been scratching their heads a bit about how sick she still is, etc when nothing was growing with her cultures.  They ran a viral panel yesterday and the RSV popped up.  And it's probably the reason she started running fever yesterday.

She had a bit of a rowdy evening and was not happy about things, so we had to start some sedation back but it's a low-dose continuous drip and it seems to have worked well for her today.  She was much more restful today.

Her chest X-ray was improved this morning. Great news.

Infectious disease doctors said we are doing everything right medically and they are not alarmed by anything at this time.  Great news.

Her spinal tap from yesterday was clear and all good.  Excellent news.

Elle had her infusion done today.  More excellent news and we are relieved to have that done and in her brain.  All went smoothly - no complications at all.

I went home last night - it was super hard to leave - but my body was starting to kind of shut down from lack of sleep.  And I knew it would be good for Ann Carlyle and me to have some time together at home and a 'normal' morning before school with me there.  I didn't sleep as well as I had hoped BUT I did sleep better than I would be if I was at the hospital.  And even better, I had an absolutely wonderful, fun and beautiful time with her.  All we did was drive home from the hospital to Wendy's for dinner (because, frosty) and then home to eat, shower and go to bed by 8:30.  But our conversation was real and hard but needed and good and full of laughter and playfulness too.  I love when we can have our time together without all the distractions.  When she and I went to Birmingham a couple of weeks ago, we had some of this extra-special time.  I don't know how else to describe it but it was just some good, God-given time that I will treasure in my heart forever.  So thankful for it.

And Frazer stayed with Elle and slept in the bed with her which I think was great and special for both of them, despite the lack of sleep that Frazer got. :)

Ok...I can't sign off without shouting out some more thank you's because you, our community, are ridiculous.  Just so much awesomeness all around.  We thank God for you truly all day every day.  Frazer also wanted me to specifically tell you all how thankful he is for you and that even if we aren't able to respond to each message, call, email, note, etc., we are storing it aaaall away in our hearts and it has provided such comfort and sustenance for us.

Much love to you!  And may a peaceful and sleepful night be ahead for all of us! :)
Dana  

6 comments:

  1. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete