Saturday, April 6, 2019

Elle Update: 4/6 Day 7

I just looked back at my emails to make sure 'Day 7' was right.  It was 1 week ago (almost exactly) in the 9:00 hour that we realized we needed to head into LeBonheur with Elle.  Can't believe that.

And on a much happier note, it was 10 years ago exactly in the 9:00 hour that Ann Carlyle made her debut after trying to stay in me forever and ever amen.  We like to joke with each other that she was just too comfy-cozy and decided she wasn't going to come out.  We are so thankful for her life and for her heart and for the incredible little lady she is becoming.  Her heart has grown exponentially with each year - we pray God continues to grow her heart and use her in all kinds of ways.

I got to see her in her school musical today - and she was awesome.  She was 'just' a servant and townsperson but I told her that I thought it took more acting chops to make those roles interesting and fun than if she had actual lines.  :) I don't know if that's true or not but she was animated and all-in and had a blast doing it.  

She woke up to a million balloons and signs and streamers in the house (shout out to Janet and Callie!) and pinwheels and a huge sign in the yard - well, 4 signs actually - a cupcake, the numbers 1 and 0 and a doughnut.  So fun.  After a big pancake breakfast with all 4 grandparents, she went to her marathon performance day from 9-4ish.  There was a cast party and then I brought her home to surprise her with a trampoline in the backyard (which she has wanted for years!) and then we drove to the hospital to see Elle and Frazer and celebrate there.  She started the day out with Frazer and is ending it with me.  I hate that we are all split up on her birthday, but we tried to make the best of it and I think she's had a super fun day.  She's exhausted, so that's a good sign right?!  AND she gets to have a fun party tomorrow afternoon with a slew of friends!

Y'all, she has received over 100(!!) cards and will be opening them for days to come.  Y'all.are.the.best.  It's put a smile on all of our faces...so, so fun!!!  Thank you to everyone for helping us pull off this day and for helping us celebrate our girl.  We couldn't do it without you!

So - Elle update - she did not sleep for 22.5 hours straight.  Literally.  Naturally, neither did I.  I was already utterly exhausted - I'm not sure there is a word for my level of exhaustion at this point.  But I am at home tonight with Ann Carlyle so hopefully I'll get some good sleep.  Please pray that Elle sleeps as well.  She has had a really hard time with sleep since being extubated, which I'm assuming is at least partly due to the steroids she got yesterday and this morning.

Elle was moved out of the PICU this evening and onto the neuro floor!  This is stepping down from intensive care, so it is cause for celebration!  They felt she did really well the last 24 hours and has tolerated having oxygen weaned from high-flow binasal cannula to regular binasal cannula, which basically means she doesn't need as much support breathing.  Very good progress!  AND she actually ate 5 goldfish crackers today!!  It will probably take her a couple more days to get her appetite back but that's completely normal, so we just have to wait and see.

Shortly after we arrived in our new room, Elle's temperature went up a little again and she started looking anxious and like she was struggling a little more to move air in and out.  They did a chest X-ray which looked great thankfully.  But she continued to be labored (in her breathing) and anxious.  I had to leave to take Ann Carlyle home, but Frazer said as of right now, she is breathing better after a breathing treatment.  Her temp is still a little high even after ibuprofen - no one really knows why her temp is increasing each day in varying degrees.  

So we made some really great progress today and Elle is doing really well but we aren't completely out of the woods yet.  Please continue to pray for her lungs to heal and for her appetite and ability to eat to return.  These are our biggest and most immediate prayers.

Also, please pray that we can make it through tomorrow and Ann Carlyle's party all while having Elle in the hospital.  We have lots of hands on deck (we couldn't be more thankful) and without those hands, we literally would not be able to make it happen.  Please pray that Frazer and I will both be able to be at the party and that Elle does okay without us for a couple of hours.  

If you have seen me lately or if you see me soon, you will most likely see me dazed and confused because I am.  I apologize if I couldn't complete a sentence or even a thought.  :) 

Much love and gratefulness - 
Dana

3 comments:

  1. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to anyone reading this true life story of mine, my husband left me to suffer alone because he found that i had herpes, and i know i was wrong because i kept it from him and never told him about my virus, He found out anyways and left home angrily and blocked all means i could reach him with, i felt horrible because he don't deserve that because i had been with him for 4 years and he is a very honest man, after one month of no response from Jerry i got depressed and started searching for solution,One faithful morning a came across a website where ladies has gotten the best of marriages with a doctor call Dr. Kham , he is an expert when it comes to curing you and casting a very powerful love spell to keep relationship/marriage in good and happy shape,  I can tell Y'ALL that Dr. Kham cured me from herpes virus in three weeks of his medication , after that he made a love spell for my husband to come back home after 48 hours of his spell and same Dr. Kham also cured my husband exactly with the procedure he used to cure me, am a happy woman and i will never forget to share Dr. Kham good reviews because he is 100^% reliable contact him now via  Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com Phone/WhatsApp: +2348159922297 or you can visit his website: https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba     for more information 

    ReplyDelete
  3. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete