Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Elle Update: 4/2 Day 3

Chest tube is out!!!  (This is the tube that was inserted between a couple of her ribs on her right side to drain the fluid out from around that lung.) The removal was quick and not too painful for her.

We are officially on 'weaning protocol' for the vent.  This means they will lower her ventilator settings little by little (but probably more frequently and regularly) as long as she tolerates it.  It may take until Friday, but that's when we hope to have the ET tube out.  (This is the breathing 'endotracheal'/ET tube that goes in her mouth, down her throat and into her lungs. It is connected to the ventilator which helps her breathe.). While we want to make sure not to remove the ET tube too soon, we want to do it as soon as possible because we don't want her breathing muscles to weaken too much while relying on the vent to breathe.

(I hope all this make sense - I've had some questions about what is what and medical terminology, etc.)

So bottomline, chest tube is out and breathing tube is still in and she is still on the ventilator.

Elle was very active this morning and awake for much of it.  We had to give her some medicine today that helped calm her down a bit because we don't want her too active because she could easily pull her ET tube out.  That would not be good.  She also has an IV that she doesn't need to be tugging on either.  But yay for activity!

The tummy problems and diarrhea seemed to have slowed a bit, so we are thankful for that.

We are still waiting on some important lab results - please pray we can get those tomorrow!

We are waiting to do her infusion for now.  There are a few reasons why, but after some discussion, we all decided it would be best to wait at least a couple of days.

I got to get into bed with Elle today and snuggle in with her.  Didn't really get to hold her, but I'll take it.  My arms miss holding that girl.

She is very stable and moving in the direction we want her to go. All in all, we feel that she had a pretty good day.  We are seeing more and more our Elle-belle doing things that she usually does and that does our hearts so much good. AND we got more smiles today!

Thank you again to all who have prayed, written, called, visited, encouraged, lifted us up in love in all kinds of ways.  We are so blessed - and I mean that truly from the bottom of my heart.  

We thank God for sustaining us and feeding our souls and for giving our hearts such joy and peace despite extremely difficult circumstances.  We do not feel like we are flailing out of control with no one to hold us.  God is near.  God is here.  He loves us so much. We have many fears and worries and concerns and this is all just really, really hard down to every cell in our bodies, but our feet are set firmly on Jesus, our Rock.  Our Joy and our Peace.

Much love to you!  Thank you for reading this and caring for us!
Dana
Sweet baby with Daddy

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Dana & Frazier. I have been following your blog for a long time and praying for y'all. I just wondered if it would be okay for me to share a link to this website on my Facebook page. I have a lot of friends who are prayer warriors, but I didn't want to share without your permission. I also have many friends who don't know Jesus, and I believe your faith would be a testimony to them.
    May God continue to hold you all in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete