Monday, April 8, 2019

Elle Update: 4/8 Day 9

(I just had to double check the days again because my brain can't compute...yep, 9 days in.)

Another good day!  Elle did great keeping her sats mostly above 92 today.  She did have to go on oxygen for about 5 hours last night (a super low amount though)...and she has to go at least 24hrs being on room air before she can go home...so the clock reset this morning at about 4am.

She hasn't wanted to eat much today, but what she did eat, she ate well.  She fatigues quickly and was coughing up more junk from her lungs (that's a good thing - we want it outta there) but she's getting stronger each day and that's what we want!

She's still dealing with diarrhea multiple times a day due to her antibiotic.  Right now, it is what it is and she has to have this antibiotic.  We are upping her probiotics though and giving her zofran for nausea when she needs it.  She was pretty nauseous and miserable last night after her dose of antibiotic...she wanted so badly to sleep but just couldn't because of her tummy for almost 30 minutes poor thing.

But again, all in all, she is looking great.  The doctors are encouraged at her progress.  Her temperature stayed stable all day too.  There is some talk of going home tomorrow perhaps, but we might have to stay until Wednesday.  We had a pulmonology consult today to make sure we have a good home plan.  She will have some blood drawn in the morning that will help the doctors decide on a discharge plan.

Elle is getting more and more energy back and with that comes a good bit of antsy-ness.  So please pray that she miraculously stays content to sit in a bed in a hospital that she has been in for 9 days.  Please pray for her tummy and for her lungs to continue to heal.  Please pray for her coughing muscles to be strong and do the job they need to do.  Please pray for the rest of us as we are so weary.  We are tired of being apart and being on this specific roller coaster...although truly thankful for the amazing recovery Elle has made.  The pulmonologist was telling us today, from her point of view, how dire the situation was that night Elle came in.  That her organs could not have worked for much longer under those conditions.  Thank God for LeBonheur and the wonderful, wonderful medical team that has been caring for Elle...it's a big, big team.

And thank God for our big, big team of you all.  We surely could not carry on without you.  Much love!
Dana
(Don't you love these short, positive updates?!)
Oh and PS - I meant to include this yesterday, but I forgot because again, my brain.
When I was driving with Ann Carlyle to the hospital yesterday, we were listening to Ellie Holcomb's newest CD 'Sing: Creation Songs'.  My absolute favorite song on there from the first time I heard it is the last one...'He Loves Us'.  It's a short, sweet lullaby taken from Isaiah 25:8 and Psalm 42:8 about Jesus and His love for us. 
Here are the lyrics:
(The tune is also precious and beautiful...you've got to listen to it. Ann Carlyle and I listened to it 3 times in a row yesterday in the car.  It is often times on repeat. It speaks straight into our souls.)

When we're lost, God is light
He'll be with us through the night
Cause He loves us

When we're sad, and need to cry
He will sing a lullaby
Cause He loves us

From the rising of the sun
After every day is done
Even through the dark of night
God is with us all the time

When we fall and make mistakes
God will cover us with grace
Cause He loves us

Even if we run away
He'll come find us just to say
How He loves us

From the rising of the sun
After every day is done
Even through our darkest night
God is with us all the time

Everything that's on the earth
Land and sky, and flowers, & birds
They're all singing God's love song
And we can sing along

Every moment, Every day
Everywhere in every way
God loves us

(Thank you, Ellie, for this song!) ❤

6 comments:


  1. Hello everyone i am happy to say that i was cure from HIV/AIDS by Dr Padman with his herbal medications after i tested positive july 2016 and ever since then i have been on medications to extend my living on earth. One faithful day i was searching on line if i could get some tips on how to cure my illness and i saw a comment on how Dr Padman cure HIV with herbs,i was surprise and i contact him on the email they provided on the comment and i explain my problem to him and he also prepare the herbs and send to me which i use for one week as i was instructed by him and after 2weeks i went to hospital for checkup and i tested Negative and i am fully cured from the disease and i am so greatful to Dr Padman.You can also reach Dr Padman on his padmanlovespell@yahoo.com , https://twitter.com/padman_dr. https://padmanspell.com WhatsApp +19492293867 https://padmanspell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been married with my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542
    For more destails about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been married with my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542
    For more destails about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to anyone reading this true life story of mine, my husband left me to suffer alone because he found that i had herpes, and i know i was wrong because i kept it from him and never told him about my virus, He found out anyways and left home angrily and blocked all means i could reach him with, i felt horrible because he don't deserve that because i had been with him for 4 years and he is a very honest man, after one month of no response from Jerry i got depressed and started searching for solution,One faithful morning a came across a website where ladies has gotten the best of marriages with a doctor call Dr. Kham , he is an expert when it comes to curing you and casting a very powerful love spell to keep relationship/marriage in good and happy shape,  I can tell Y'ALL that Dr. Kham cured me from herpes virus in three weeks of his medication , after that he made a love spell for my husband to come back home after 48 hours of his spell and same Dr. Kham also cured my husband exactly with the procedure he used to cure me, am a happy woman and i will never forget to share Dr. Kham good reviews because he is 100^% reliable contact him now via  Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com Phone/WhatsApp: +2348159922297 or you can visit his website: https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba     for more information 

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete