Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Diagnosis

Hey y'all - we amazingly got a call this afternoon that Milla's genetic test results were back and Dr. Wheless wanted us to come in to meet with him.

We found out that Milla has Batten Disease.  This diagnosis basically confirms what we already had learned from Dr. Wheless last week - Milla will continue to lose skills and abilities and her health will decline and we will lose her at an early age.  We feel our hearts are laid open all over again tonight.  

Please pray for our little family - we also learned that there is a possibility that the other 2 girls could have this same disease.  It is a blood test and we will most likely have them tested sometime in the next few days.  We don't think the results will take as long as Milla's took, as they are looking for one specific thing.  We are pleading, pleading for God's mercy.

We love you all -
Dana

We sang this song at our wedding...we knew life wouldn't be easy (it never is)...but we never could have imagined this kind of sorrow.  But I know my Savior loves me, loves Frazer, loves Milla, loves Ann Carlyle, loves Elle.  Our circumstances may change but He does not.  He loves us with a love that cannot be measured and so I will hide there tonight.  

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll...
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

2 comments:

  1. My heart hurts with you. But you are so right Dana, God love Milla and your entire family. You are special to us all. (((((Hugs)))))) from next door!

    ReplyDelete